airfix he 111

My local shop has this kit for sale. Is it any good

Ed

Reply to
ModelerET2

i like it beacuse it is cheap and easy. if you don't want it, snag it for me. i did find a crappy canopy for mine, i'm going to try the squdron heat and smash to make a good one. the interior is spartan and the fit mediocre, but it does look like a he111 when finished.

It's ancient, full of "operating features" and has some shape problems, especially in the nose glazing. It's supposed to represent an H-20 subtype, with the enclosed dorsal turret.

It's buildable, but if you're after something accurate, go for the Italeri or even the old Matchbox kit if you cna find it.

Reply to
Jeff C

Or just wait for the already announced Hasegawa kit.

Norm

Reply to
Norm Filer

Oh $ure. ¥ou ¢ould alway$ do that : )

Reply to
Jeff C

Those molds are probably older than you are! :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Before my time! According to this valuable reference page:

...they were done in 1962. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Hmm, not before mine. That's a great page for reference. I can almost visualise the boxart on some of those oldies but goodies. Thanks, Keeper!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Anytime! It's a great site but I have a hard time remembering where the date list is so I wind up searching the whole place! Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper