Airfix revival (Yet Again)!

flak monkey said the following on 19/04/07 21:58:

What might be a good and cheap deal. The relaunch of their first ever tractor model made out of plastic pens. ;-)

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Martin said the following on 20/04/07 10:18:

Exactly!

It's difficult to pull onesself away from how we'd like a model to be from our own standpoint as an adult and it probable that parents who tend to overview a child's interest in this area ends up taking over and wanting the kit built a certain way and to the parent's standard.

It's the old "Daddy, when can I play with my train set again ?" situation all over again. :-)

"Cheap and cheerful" is the way for the kids, like training wheels on a bike.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Yup, the 'Collector's Series'. With the exception (in my not even remotely humble opinion) of the Coldstream Guard, each and every one of those was a gem, and the same goes for their Multipose WWII figures. The Multipose sets were re-released just before the latest collapse (in good quality plastic again this time), and there was also a Civil war set that had the musketeer, pikeman, and two copies of the cavalier/roundhead figures in it. You might be able to find those still in the shops, even is Hornby doesn't put them in the program now.

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

mommy, can we go out and kill tonight?

-misfits (i think.)

Reply to
someone

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain said the following on 20/04/07 15:56:

I'm not going to make cheap shots at education! ;-)

You know my standpoint on the cheap kits for kids now but at the other end of the (ahem) scale for daddies, if you're going to buy the most expensive kit, and this is we-here I start sounding like Dr. Cox from Scrubs, Mandy, who the he-ell is going to keep the transparencies of the most expensive bomber kit and just leave the gunnery positions as is ? I mean, c'mon Barbie, photograph three on the right-hand side should be what you should be putting in at your age and don't go looking over the kiddies shoulder, newbie even if God forbid, you think you've got your own house in order.

:-)

Have a great weekend everybody!

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

LOL I just love Dr Cox's rants!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

i hate scrubs.

Reply to
someone

"Richard Brooks" wrote ....snip

I love scrubs...and you nailed Dr. Cox. Funniest thing I've seen in a while. Thanks

Doug Wagner

Reply to
Doug Wagner

check out mr meaty.

Reply to
someone

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Some of which have been re-released, too - and if you have a Hobbycraft near you, not so long ago they were knocking out the 'English Civil War' set (both mounted figures, plus the pikeman and musketeer) for £10 which sounded like a bargain to me...

Reply to
Tim Vincent

ziiiiiiip....fumble around, flop.... He seems OK, why?

Doug Wagner

Reply to
Doug Wagner

now check out the mr meaty television show on nickolodean. too many syllables? (g)

Reply to
someone

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain said the following on 21/04/07 22:39:

I wondered when they'd copy Beavis & Butthead working at the drive-thru? God, it's taken the writers some years or is it over a decade of thinking to get this up and running ?

Even their much haunted neighbour Mr. Hank Hill has had his own many series (King of the Hill) for some years now.

"I AM THE GREAT CORNHOLIO! ARE YOU THREATENING ME ?" :-)

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

not even close. go watch the damn thing. bevis and butthead wouldn't get mr meaty.

Reply to
someone

Someone asked Mike Judge if B&B would watch the stuff he does now, like "Office Space". He said they'd be fans of Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Reply to
tomcervo

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain said the following on 22/04/07 00:39:

It's all probably a bit new to you, that's all. I think it's what might be called a bit lame and a bit past it's prime now but you keep on enjoying it. You might ask your dad about 'The MTV Generation'. :-)

[OT] Richard.
Reply to
Richard Brooks

i'm older than you and have a better knowledge of pop culture. here's and easy one fab and gear, what year and how long were they current? not in wiki, so good luck.

Reply to
someone

they wouldn't like south park..too subtle for them. hell, they wouldn't have gotten half of daria. they were good for a year or so, and them became a cliche of themselves. called the 3rd producer t&j effect.

Reply to
someone

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain said the following on 22/04/07 15:38:

What threw me about your predicted age was the fact that you typed

and not, as someone from an older generation would probably have typed;

My sisters used to buy Jackie too! As to that pop thing, you've picked the wrong one there as outside my window was all part of the Cold War (USAF Brize Norton across the way) and resembled the field scenes from Good Morning Vietnam with the loud music, so you'd have to be talking Wilson Pickett, James Brown as that was my musical fayre from birth until more recently when Faith Evans petered out and Mary J. Blige got married and became happy!

For me pop culture was as serious as "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavour On the Bedpost Overnight ?" and I didn't take to it, the Beatles included.

You've got to hand it to the Canadians though! They did produce strange stuff like "You Can't Do That On Television."

I'm now going back to modelling threads so I'll leave you to chat away! :-)

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks