AKUTAN ZERO aka KOGA'S ZERO COLOR SCHEME QUESTION

Based on the book, "Cracking the Zero Mystery" by
Jim Rearden, he stated that the Zero after being
rebuilt was in the US Navy 1942 colors and national
markings.
The question is that of all the pics I can dig up would
be in black and white. To me the color looks to be
OD Green with a possible tan underside. Would that
be the correct color scheme?
I just picked up the Minicraft 1/144 Mitsubishi
A6M2 Zero and have been thinking of doing it
in the rebuilt version, small as it is for something
different.
Reply to
Prof. Plastic
After it was taken off flight status, the fuselage of this Zero was placed on a flatbed trailer and it was trucked around the country to be displayed at war bond drives. In the Summer of 1944 my Grand Father took me to a display in down town Harrisburg, pennsylvania. They had a scaffold so you could climb up and look in the cockpit. I remember it was in the same colors as U.S. Navy aircraft, Blue-Gray over light gray, but had Japanese insignia on the sides.. I didn't know any better and painted zero models in that color for years afterward. Aaahh, the innocence of youth.
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
I believe it was USN Blue-grey over Light Gull Grey. That's the way I did mine.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Mad Modeller