al s

i almost forgot. after i unpacked the box, it took two boxes to hold the stuff. how did you do that?

I was an Air Force brat and then spent 20+ years in the Army. Trust me, I *know* how to pack stuff... ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

i was an army brat and i can pack. but that was good.

It's also a talent many of us develop, packing more and more kits in the same closet so the wife doesn't notice....

Greg

Reply to
Greg

I often wonder where the point of critical mass lies - you know, the point at which she can't tell there are any new ones because the stash looks the same size to her.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-modeller

i pack kits inside kits and leave a note stuck to the cover with washable glue. i hate to ruin box art. i reorganized my closet so i need 100 more kits to refill. oh darn.

i suspect you'll be divorced long before.

Her lawyer can figure it out. ;-)

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Critical mass?

Next time that you're in the SF Bay Area stop by and take a look at my garage and office.

Tom

WmB wrote:

Reply to
maiesm72

I think there are two factors here.

1) Out of sight, out of mind. Anything she can't see doesn't bother her. Crawl spaces, garage rafters and attics are great for this. Especially if they are packed in moving boxes and it isn't obvious what they are.

2) Territory. Anything I can get in "my" space is OK. I'm lucky enough to have a hobby room in the house. She knows its closet is packed - and that's OK. But look out, if kits started showing up in the master bedroom closet! But, the reverse is not true. She thinks nothing of moving my clothes into the guest room to make more room for HER stuff!

(Does your wife like to snag your sweat and tee shirts? It's not "cute", it's a play for another drawer in the dresser!)

But, you wouldn't want to be one of those guys with 10,000 kits and no life would you?

Greg

Reply to
Greg

i'll take the kits anyday.

Started another model today, a Polikarpov I-15.

Lynne looked into the office and gave me a big smile.

I think that meant something like "OK, building another one right away. He's back to building instead of collecting. The pile gets reduced".

Either that or it's "Mother's Day is Sunday. If he's building another model it better mean something good for me".

Either way she's right. She has yet to find the stash in the garage and the other one in my closet, both presents for her bought when I had the opportunity and hidden behind stacks of models.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72