Any good hobby shops in Omaha?

I'll be there for the next two weeks. TIA,

Reply to
Curt

Curt, my knowledge of Omaha hobby shops isn't exactly current (I lived in the area 1984-2002), but here's the way it was 4 years ago:

1) Bel-air Hobby (132nd and Center Streets): long-time "mom and pop" (actually, I think it was "pop and daughter" at the time I left) store. The owner was nearing retirement age; hopefully they're still around. Friendly, helpful folks with a typical selection of models and other hobby lines.

2) Hobby Town USA: various franchises of this national chain would come and go. The LaVista store on South 84th Street had a good selection of plastic kits and employed one or two nice folks from the local IPMS chapter. Hobby Town USA's national HQ is an hour's drive west in Lincoln. The store in Lincoln's East Park Plaza shopping center sometimes had good bargains on close-out stuff.

3) Hobby Lobby: a very large regional chain of crafts, art supplies, and other stuff with a small but decent scale model aisle. Several stores in the area; the one at 84th and Harrison Streets is only about two minutes north of the LaVista Hobby Town. If they happen to have what you want you can often get a very good price as they run frequent sales. If they're not having one the week you're there you can usually download a 40% off coupon good on one regularly priced item from their website at hobbylobby.com.

You may already be familiar with 2 and 3 depend> I'll be there for the next two weeks.

Reply to
David Fifer