Aoshima F7F Tigercat wanted

Looking for a couple to build. Email me if you have one for sale. Thanks.

Reply to
Frank

I sold one along with their Fw-189 a few years back. They're inferior to other available kits. The only thing worth mentioning about the F7F is the tail being the earlier version. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

That might explain the fact that the boxart showed the Army prototype XP-65 (later rejected).

The Old Timer

The fact it's the early short-tailed version is why I want it.

Reply to
frank may

Didn't the Aoshima F7F also have the spinner-equipped props?

Reply to
Don McIntyre

IIRC, the boxart is supposed to be one of the prototype F7Fs. Somehow, "TEST" got turned in to "ZST". The prototype XP-65 was never built, IIRC.

Reply to
frank may

It had spinners, per the F7F prototype, but they're not shaped quite right. The only other one I've built, I used props & spinners from a Mosquito & they look much closer, IMO.

Reply to
frank may

According to Lloyd Jones, the Army did test an XF7F-1 at Wright Field, found it unsuited to their needs and dropped the program (as Jones states, pretty much the same thing as the F-111 program). No XP-65s were built as such, but at that point, the only major difference would have been the use of superchargers on the Air Corps aircraft. The two photos given show the test (or zst) aircraft, and it appears to be a natural metal finish, with a white or possibly yellow nose (looks pretty much the same shade as the color in the letters "TEST" on the side of the nose.

The Old Timer