(ARM) best modeling magazine?

OK, if I am to spend my hard-earned money on just ONE modeling magazine, one that caters to armor modelers, which one should that be? I know there are several out there, but I'd like to see some discussion on which might be the most useful. thanks and Happy New Year! Terry

Reply to
terry smith

"Military Modelling" (the British publication).

Figures, armor, and dioramas. And one of the more frequent contributors is Mr. Zaloga!

Greg Heilers

Military Miniatures in Review: Provides a relatively comprehensive "What's New" section for armor models, conversions, accessories, and figures. Reviews are pretty good for the most part, complete with lists of references used by the modeler on a given kit or conversion. The reference lists are the better parts of the reviews to me. Provides good reference pictures and material not published much if at all in other sources.

Reply to
Steve

terry smith wrote: : : OK, if I am to spend my hard-earned money on just ONE modeling magazine, one : that caters to armor modelers, which one should that be? : Military Miniatures in Review, without question, as an "armor only" publication. They also do soldiers, primarily as a review of what is available.

The British "Military Modelling" is good, but it does a fair amount of figures, if you are into figures (mostly 19th century and earlier). If you read French, SteelMasters is also very good. These two do a lot of work with 1/72, more so than the US publication.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

While you asked for one magazine I believe you can't go wrong with AFV Modeller and /or Military Miniature in Review. Both of these magazines appear quarterly, if my memory is right. While Military Modeler, the English magazine mentioned in another response, covers armor, figures, dioramas, etc. and Mr. Zaloga is a regular on their pages, sometimes they have little, if any, real armor articles. The pages may be filled with armor or with articles on ancients and knights.

Reply to
Werdwirker