(ARMOR) Sherman Turret Bustle?

For those who don't have a copy of the AFVisual book on the Pacific, I apologize; for those who do have it, turn to page 9 (IIRC) and you'll see a picture of a Composite Sherman with what looks like a Walker Bulldog-like turret bustle. I've studied the image and keep coming away with the same conclusion. Am I seeing things? It's the first and only time I've seen this on a Sherman..

Frank Kranick

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.