Australian Mirage IIIEO

I have almost completed the Italeri Mirage IIE in 1/48 scale and need some advice re the Australian version referred to in the instruction sheet as beingA3-7 of 76 Squadron at Williamstown in 1968. The instructions seem to indicate that these aircraft would be light grey (they suggest FS 36375) but most photographs I see on the internet appear to be overall silver instead of grey. On another point the kit indicates that the bulge under the nose (Doppler radar housing?) was common to all of the Mirage IIIE variants, but all of the photographs on the internet of the Australian version do not have this. Any help on these two points would be appreciated. Thanks, Derek Shaw

Reply to
Derek Shaw

In 1968, RAAF Mirages would have been in silver lacquer or possibly bare metal. None carried the Doppler radome.

Curt

Reply to
Curt