Best 1/35 Sherman?

Any seasoned AFV modellers out there who can tell me the best kit to use as
a basis for a British version based in India 44-45. My father used to drive
one whilst with the 25th Dragoons and I would like to be as accurate as
possible. He can`t remember serial no etc but the crew named it `Geisha
girl` so I can at least put that on it! Many thanks in advance.
Paul
Reply to
Paul Smith
The most likely one would be a Sherman I or V, and that means you need either a Tamiya or DML kit.
Tamiya makes an M4 Early which is what the Sherman I was to the British.
DML makes a late-model M4 Composite hull which was a late model Sherman I, as well as an M4A4 which was the Sherman V.
There are literally a TON of aftermarket items to get these kits to match a specific prototype, including tracks, stowage and brass.
There are a number of differences, and the best advice is to first get a photo of the tank and then match kits and components.
Cookie Sewell
Reply to
AMPSOne
Heller has in its range a very good (and cheap) M4-A4 (1/35 scale)
Reply to
Flying Frog
-----------------------------
Jerry 47
Reply to
jerry 47
"Flying Frog" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ffsmc.com:
Huh? I thoght I knew all the Shermie kits. Looking at the Heller site I see a M4A3(76)W VVSS. Dragon has a M4A3(76)W VVSS listed, too. I'm guessing that the Heller kits are Dragon kits reboxed.
Reply to
Gray Ghost
Gray Ghost avait prétendu :
Ok, you are right, it's well a M4A3(76)... but I don't know if it is a Dragon kits reboxed. In my knowledge, Heller never rebuilt Dragon kit, but it is maybe the case fot this one. I will ask to my buddy, member of Heller staff monday.
Reply to
Flying Frog
jerry 47 a exprimé avec précision :
??????
Reply to
Flying Frog
I believe Heller has released the Italeri M4A1. Curt
Reply to
Curt
from the rocky and bullwinkle show. he had a time machine, he was a dog with a pet boy named sherman. punned on and parodied on over 200 recent cartoon shows,
e a présenté l'énoncé suivant :
Hi e,
Ok, thanks for explaination. Unknown in France, sorry...
Reply to
Flying Frog
american pop culture is not omnipetent? shocking.... you have probably guessed i'm a pop culture junkie. it is silly fun.
I believe that would be correct...It looks like it anyway.......
Dave In HSV ALerBAMer
Reply to
Tanker