Best 1/35 Sherman?

Any seasoned AFV modellers out there who can tell me the best kit to use as a basis for a British version based in India 44-45. My father used to drive one whilst with the 25th Dragoons and I would like to be as accurate as possible. He can`t remember serial no etc but the crew named it `Geisha girl` so I can at least put that on it! Many thanks in advance.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Smith

The most likely one would be a Sherman I or V, and that means you need either a Tamiya or DML kit.

Tamiya makes an M4 Early which is what the Sherman I was to the British.

DML makes a late-model M4 Composite hull which was a late model Sherman I, as well as an M4A4 which was the Sherman V.

There are literally a TON of aftermarket items to get these kits to match a specific prototype, including tracks, stowage and brass.

There are a number of differences, and the best advice is to first get a photo of the tank and then match kits and components.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

Heller has in its range a very good (and cheap) M4-A4 (1/35 scale)

Reply to
Flying Frog

-----------------------------

Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47

"Flying Frog" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ffsmc.com:

Huh? I thoght I knew all the Shermie kits. Looking at the Heller site I see a M4A3(76)W VVSS. Dragon has a M4A3(76)W VVSS listed, too. I'm guessing that the Heller kits are Dragon kits reboxed.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Gray Ghost avait prétendu :

Ok, you are right, it's well a M4A3(76)... but I don't know if it is a Dragon kits reboxed. In my knowledge, Heller never rebuilt Dragon kit, but it is maybe the case fot this one. I will ask to my buddy, member of Heller staff monday.

Reply to
Flying Frog

jerry 47 a exprimé avec précision :

??????

Reply to
Flying Frog

I believe Heller has released the Italeri M4A1. Curt

Reply to
Curt

from the rocky and bullwinkle show. he had a time machine, he was a dog with a pet boy named sherman. punned on and parodied on over 200 recent cartoon shows,

e a présenté l'énoncé suivant :

Hi e,

Ok, thanks for explaination. Unknown in France, sorry...

Reply to
Flying Frog

american pop culture is not omnipetent? shocking.... you have probably guessed i'm a pop culture junkie. it is silly fun.

snicker giggle.........

Reply to
Tanker

I believe that would be correct...It looks like it anyway.......

Dave In HSV ALerBAMer

Reply to
Tanker