Airbus A380? Guppy?

I know its kinda early, but is a kit in the works?
And was there ever a kit of the "Guppy" transport?
thx - Craig
Reply to
crw59
Revell AG has already released one in 1/144 scale, kit #04230.
Yep, by Otaki, again in 1/144 scale. Later released by Entex and Revell at least, but long OOP in any case.
Reply to
Al Superczynski
Dans son message précédent, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net a écrit :
For the Airbus A380, yes there is a kit, 1/800 scale, in Heller range. But it is a very small model. Guppy ? I don't know, but I don't remind one.
Reply to
Flying Frog
There was one Guppy transport, a propellor version based on the Boeing Stratocruiser (?) in 1:144 by a Japanese firm originally (I don't know which one, maybe someone else here can elighten ~both~ of us). I have an old Entex re-pop from a very long time ago. One thing I ~do~ remember is that this version made was one of the earliest of the "Pregnant Guppies" and the kit (IIRC) dates from around 1970 +/-.
Reply to
Old Timer
Actually, it's the Super Guppy with the Allison turboprops. It was originally Arii/Otaki then released by Entex, and several branches of Revell.
If you're into guppies, Revell Germany also do the Airbus Beluga in 1/144.
Reply to
Jeff C
Doesn't Academy or HobbyCraft also do a 1/144 Guppy as well?
Reply to
frank
Otaki made one that Revell reissued some years ago. Here's an Otaki one on eBay:
Scott.
Reply to
scotty68
Revell Germany. Here's what a Master (with far too much time on his hands) can do with it:
Here's one:
Jessie C
And, I've been told by a friend into airline modelling that Airbus worked closely with Revell on the moulds. They wanted the publicity. Funny attitude for a manufacturer!
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
Not for an *European* manufacturer :-P Kidding apart, I think it's a matter of corporate's lawyers' attitude rather than a manufacturers' attitude. Cases like Sikorsky®, American Airlines® and the like are true paranoia due to lawyers looking for an income where there are really no figures enough to satiate an U.S. lawyer's hunger. Btw there are also extreme cases on this side of the pond. Say Ferrari for all. Generally speaking, these extreme cases are justified where incomes brought by branding royalties and merchandising are an important part of the business, if not a part of the core business, but this concept seems too complicated for some sort of lawyers.
-- Luca Beato -
del plastimodellismo su
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign \ / X No HTML in / \ email & news
Reply to
Luca Beato