Best Way to Cut Out Door of Airfix Monty's Humber?

I have never cut out doors before. Is there a best way? I want to have the doors open for a diorama idea.

just make continuous runs along the seam with a sharp blade?

a razor saw would be too rough.

what works?

thx - Craig

Reply to
crw59

Yup, that's the way I do it with cars. I use the back edge of the blade tip.

Reply to
Ben Valdevarona

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net ha scritto:

I use sewing thread (synthetic fiber), passed through the plastic and with a back and forth motion I can cut neat lines, curves etc. Aside of producing a clean neat cut, there is no risk for the blade to slip and cut fingers/other parts, and the parts can be rejoined with almost no gap!

Reply to
rick

Boy, now that's a new one... I would think the thread would wear through and snap. I have to get a piece of plastic and try this out. A jeweler's saw would be another approach.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Pat Flannery ha scritto:

It happens, but this causes no damage to the part. Just use a new length of thread and continue.

A bit of practice to master this technic is neede, I find it easier then scoring with a 11 blade.

I cannot find those, so I tried a sewing thread.

Rick

Reply to
rick

I can recommend the JLC razor saw - its as thin as a razor blade and has fine teeth. The basic set costs around 10 pounds. It's good for cutting transparancies off sprues as well.

Reply to
Mick