bombardier cl 415

tell me there's a 1/48 of this little gem?

No, but there's a very nice Heller 1/72. Curt

Reply to
Curt

well, it is a big plane. thanks.

Sure is- a few years ago saw two ( 215s if I remember correctly) fly past Dodgers Stadium while taking in a game. Pretty dammed loud-

Reply to
Jim Atkins

diferent plane or did i have the numbers wrong? i mean the water bomber. 2400hp engines, i think.

The CL-215 is piston-engined with R-2800s. The CL-215T is a -215 upengined with Pratt & Whitney Canada turboprops, the CL-415 is new-build with turboprops. Check out

and
for more info.

Heller does kits of both the -215 and -415. Both very nice.

Curt

Reply to
Curt

yee-freakin-haa. thanks.

that seawings site is great. damn walrus build makes me feel like a 10 thumbed dolt.

Croatian Canadairs:

------------ Regards,

Emil Pozar

Emil Pozar

Must be somethng in the water... I've just bought the 48th heli-tanker version of the Heller Ecureuil (Squirrel). A bit of work ahead, but it should look OK.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

damn history channel sells models and doesn't even know.

Then, there's Heller's DC-6 Firebomber. And like the CL-215, you better be wearing sunglasses when you open the box. That has to be some of the brightest yellow plastic I've ever seen.

Don McIntyre Clarksvile, TN

Reply to
Don McIntyre

isn't that a song, the plastic's so yellow i gotta wear shades?

Not to me they don't - I don't believe in pay tv. Just one of them coincidence thingys, I guess. Seriously, aerial tankers are another interest of mine, so I'm always looking out for them.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

they show them as adjuncts and side shoots. saw the line traced from prop to jet, dangling hose to probe and drogue. good stuff. is the victor conversion a good tanker?

WoW. you wouldnt believe the great stuff you are missing !!

Reply to
AM

While on the subject of water bombers, any interest in the Martin Mars? They were probably the first of the water bombers. Very impressive machines. Still in service and much in the news during the recent fires in Western Canada. I just got the obituary of Dan McIvor, the instigator of the Mars fire-bomber conversion. Passed away at age 93 last month.

Sorry, no kits that I know of.

Cheers,

Doc

Reply to
Doc Hopper

learn something new everyday. i always thought that to be a great plane, never knew it was an early water bomber. thanks for the info. any good pics of a converted one?

and there is a check of minimal elasticity on it's way to you. sounds like we got us a......a......damn if i remember. found about 10 of your tunes also. if you find a pic,lmk. oh boy, new stuff! we are pleased. started my t34. gonn do the tracks cookie's way and hope i'm not too thumb fingered. life is good.

Might be in the Squadron "in Action" book on the PBM. They lightly cover the Mars at the end and I 'think' there's a conversion pic there. I'll have to dig it out and look.

There's a large package of minimal value on its way to you. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller