Camouflage upgrading - branches

I would like to add extra feature to my camouflaged tank - tree branches (with leaves). Do you have any tips how to do that? I thought of train modellers accessories but I am worried that HO trees won't fit the scale (1/72) or the detail won't be good. Any other ideas? Maybe there are kits with styrene tree elements??

Maciek

Reply to
Maciek

An HO scale tree should fit perfectly with a 1/72 scale model. Trees are natural things and they don't come in specific sizes, so if it looks right, then it *is* right.

There are a number of companies that produce excellent model trees and scenic accessories. I'm sure that you will find something useful at the following links.

Enzo Matrix

I've used weeds/brush found in the wild for trees used in dioramas. If you want to keep the leaves, you can buy a preservative that is used to preserve roses and other flowers. It's some sort of drying material that looks like salt. Found in Arts and Crafts stores.

Reply to
willshak

Same stuff used to keep computer and optical components dry ... it's silicone. What you'll want to do is wrap the barrel (if that's the plan) or wherever you plan to apply the foliage, and cover it with silicone.

After it dries (few days or week, depending on how big) you remove it from the silicone, and it'll be dried to the shape you want. It's difficult to form vegetation when it's dry; it breaks and crumbles.

I've thought the same thing; have fun!

--- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni