Car interior help

Hi gang:

I am attempting to make the old level 1 snaptite Ford GT-90 kit, I am not satisfied with the inerior just painting it natural. I am looking for a way to simulate the actual vehicles mixture of plastic, leather and cloth. How should i go about this???

let me know

yours,

jamie

Reply to
Jamison Long

In my experence, the best way to simulate different materails for interiors is just to vary the paints i use as well as how i apply them. for hard plastics you can use gloss paints, best sprayed on with an airbrush. for softer vinyls and leathers, a semi-gloss paint works well, for smoother areas try to spray it on, when you need some texture, use a soft brush. for cloths i use a straight flat paint with a brush and on particularly fuzzy areas, i'll also flock them to add realism and texture.

-Jason

Reply to
Jason Floyd

The great secret for "leather" is to use a flat paint of your choice, then judicious application of nose oil. Really! Rub your finger next to your nose, and transfer that to the surface. The sheen that flat paint takes on is incredible. And it stays that way.

Reply to
Charles Fox

nose oil eh? might just have to try that...

Reply to
Jason Floyd
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Just don't use the 'super glue' found *inside* the nostrils. Hmmm, I wonder if that would work for glueing in windshields? I mean, it is clear.............. John

Reply to
John DeBoo

Nah, it yellows after awhile...;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Wow, I used to do this years ago when I smoked my pipe. Another pipee smoker told me that rubbing a warm pipe alongside my beak would give it a beautiful shine (as well as feeling quite nice in the winter time! 8~D) and it worked.

Body oils can be our friend.......

The Old Timer