cheap tip 14

it's been a while, but here's another modeler cheap tip. pictures in the pucture group but for the vision impaired, it's smith's knife sharpener. it flips open to have a hamdguard on the bittom and the sharpener has 3 slots, one for scissors and 2 for knives, a coarse and fine. i've been hearing about ceramic shapreners for a while, so when i spyed this $7 bargain at the china subsidy center, (aka walmart) i said why not. ya know the aussie thing they hype on tv? this is better. my chef's knives can cut tomatos again, they will actually cut a sheet of paper. but i gave it THE TEST. i actually sharpened some very dead #11 blades! the summabitches are sharper than new, no shit. three strokes on coarse, 4-5 on fine and they are sharp. ok, 311's are cheap, but not buying any for a while? more kit money, yass?

Reply to
someone

Now that's good info because I'm always trying to be frugal. Added to my shopping list. Cheers.

TF

Reply to
TF

please share your expirience when you try it. those ceramic sharpeners are really great. i used onr of the redon 11's last night to take parts of sprues and it cut the thickest stuff and is still sharp.

Reply to
someone