Curious about Fujimi

I've felt for a long time that the trade boycott was the wrong way to go with Cuba. I'd bet that Castro's government would have teetered precariously on bankruptcy had we flooded the country with goods. Instead we indulged in a nearly 50 year embargo that many others did not observe. We didn't break him or starve him. We gave him just enough adversity to use to encourage resistance in the people.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

It's all about money :-) Togo was a great admiral, and a wise one, who warned in his last speech to Japan's follow-on leaders not to be dismissive and complacent in victory, lest pride lead to defeat. How truly he spoke.

On Fidays Yokosuka restaurants have "kaigun-curry" on the menu, and the Japanese navy still serves curry on Fridays, following an old RN tradition, apparently.

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

I've always felt that a revolutionary when offered a bit of the good life quickly ceases to become a revolutionary. And Kennedy's embargo didn't hurt anyone other than the guy in the street. Maybe he thought that this would lead to an overthrow of the Castro government. If so, he was sadly mistaken....

Reply to
The Old Man