d day kit

i got this beauty for my birthday. what a monster! even though the big is twice the size needed, it's still a lot of stuff. there are so many guys, it will take forever to paint them. it comes with paint and cement. why does everything inside say heller? was this updated from 50 years?

yup, outside all airfix, inside all heller. nice group of stuff. i suspect that it will take a lot of detailing for a serious modeler's diorama. the layout id motr like a kids playset. should be a lot of fun.

Hi e,

I assume it is the Airfix D-day set you are referring to, and its no surprise to find the kits marked as Heller, as Heller & Airfix are both owned by Humbrol.

In fact most Airfix kits have been moulded in Heller's factory in France for many years now.

Most of the new D-day kits are a joint Heller/Airfix release.

Happy modelling Ant 'Standing on the shoulders of giants'

Reply to
Ant Phillips

anyone know of a site that has a pic of it? I want to see what all the excitement is about...

its not that 500 soldiers and ships for 99 cents thing from the back of

1960's comics?!?! LOL

Craig

Reply to
Craig

nope, 9 kits and a buttload of figures.

bang in the middle

Reply to
Julian Hales

curious as to why Airfix did not make it with Brits or Canadians.....

Craig

Reply to
Craig

I belive a set was marketed for the frogs and came with diff figures, not sure if any frog figures in poses of running away

Reply to
Julian Hales

Now that just sounds painful.

Reply to
Cliff Jones

Sounds like something Saddam used for torture. 8^)

Beers,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper