WTB A-26 Invader

Anybody know where I can buy a Momogram 1/48 A-26 kit? TIA, Pete

Reply to
The Laws

The bomber nose (C I believe) was recently re-released, should be available most anywhere. The cannon nose B is gonna be harder to find; ebay. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

I know somone who is looking for a 1:1 scale Invader, built by Douglas, anyone know where there are any for sale ? Matt Gunsch, A&P,IA,Private Pilot Riding member of the 2003 world champion drill team Arizona Precision Motorcycle Drill Team GWRRA,NRA,GOA

Reply to
N329DF

Matt,

:)

Jim Bates Akron, Ohio

Reply to
Jim Bates

Reply to
Doc Hopper

I know N401Y isn't so good. Do you mean N7705C has issues too?

Jim Bates Akron, Ohio

Reply to
Jim Bates

looked at it has issues Matt Gunsch, A&P,IA,Private Pilot Riding member of the 2003 world champion drill team Arizona Precision Motorcycle Drill Team GWRRA,NRA,GOA

Reply to
N329DF

There used to be one at the Buffalo International Airport, owned by Calspan Corp. Haven't seen it in a while, but if you contact Prior Aviation in Cheektowaga, New York, they ~might~ know what happened to it. Was civilianized with a really nice crimson and white paint job; used to see it flying over the house during the summer months.

The Old Timer

The Calspan A-26 was donated to the National Warplane Museum. It is now on static display at the Museum in Elmira.

Jim Bates Akron, Ohio

Reply to
Jim Bates

Greetings Friends, I am in search of a Monogram 48 scale A-26 Invader, any variant. My usual dependable sources have been unable to help. Many thanks for your time and assistance. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Apple

Bruce, I probably have one in my stash, bomber nose I am sure. Let me check tonight. Scott There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."

Reply to
SnJmodprod

NJ, back in 1968. Don't know why it was there, didn't really care at that time, as the gas station sold beer, which was stashed in the ice machine, to any body who had the money. The a/c was painted dark blue and had nose art. It was a long time ago and for some reason still pasted to' my memory cells. Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

Mike have you ever been up to Penndel, Pa. and seen the Connie at the intersection? I have a picture of it around here somewhere that I took several years ago.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Mike - that reminds me of a Lockheed Hudson that I saw up north of Montreal, Quebec on the road to a swimming hole called Rawdon, Quebec, IIRC. I was on the way up with my ex and her family and we saw it, sitting on the roof of a Mom-n-Pop Diner. Anybody ever run across this one?

The Old Timer

No, Bill, I haven't but as I have a freight train load of free time on my hands right now I just might. Hope its still there.:-) Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

gas station just out side of Dover Delaware. Its gone now, as well as the gas station. There was a DC-3 diner that I ate at once in the mid west but can't recall the place or time. I do recall that they had really super ribs and beer on ice. My stomach must have better memory than my head :-)) Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

On a related note, I remember a book from my mis-spent yout' which had a listing of basically every historical aircraft in the United States and (IIRC) Canada. Included were the aircraft at museums, of course, but also, very many derelicts and pedistal mounts that the author could verify. Sometimes the notation read like this: "F9F Cougar located in Tonawanda NY at the intersection of Brighton Road and Colvin Blvd. Serial Nos. not known. Please send any pertinant data to the author." This aircraft is still there, and the book has long since left the library shelves, vistim to someone that wanted it more than letting everybody have a look at it (you'd think that they never heard of Xerox machines, go figure!). The book can out in the late 1960s or early 70s and was about 400 pages thick. Anyone familiar with it? And no, I don't remember the exact title or author, I said, most of my yout' was mis-spent! 8-D

The Old Timer