DML 1/35 M4A1 (76MM) Replacement Tracks

This airplane guy would much appreciate some aftermarket 1/35 Sherman track advice, please.

I've come into possession of Dragon's M4A1 76mm "Operation Cobra" Sherman. While I'd like to build it pretty much out of the box, I'd rather not deal with the kit's million-piece individual track links.

Is there an armor aftermarket company that makes decent looking one piece "band" ....or perhaps the newer style link and length...replacement tracks for this particular Sherman? The kit comes with rubber chevron style (T48?) tracks. If I stick with the kit decals, is that the type of replacement track I would want in order to be correct for those tanks?

Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Carroll

The most popular tracks with most Sherman modelers seem to be the single-link (but easy to assemble) working ones from RHPS -- they make the T48, T49 "triple bar cleat" steel tracks, T51 smooth rubber shoes, and T54E2 steel chevron varieties. There are also sets from other manufacturers but the ones from Model Kasten tend towards the nightmarish as each line consists of FIVE parts (separate track teeth and pins).

AFV Club does offer some "rubber band" (bad analogy) single-run sets for short wheel base (e.g. M4, M4A1, M4A2 or M4A3) medium tank suspensions.

The kit will build Lafayette Pool's "In the Mood" which as an early production M4A1 76mm tank was fitted with T48 tracks per 3AD directive.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

Hey, thanks Cookie - exactly what I was looking for.

I'll be out in Kansa City in another week and can now do some serious track shopping.

Thanks again.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Carroll