Dragon Magic Tracks

How are Dragon's Magic Tracks different from regular styrene tracks? I see that they are not on a sprue, but otherwise...what difference is there?

Reply to
mando.villarreal

They are pretty much cleaned up with only a minimum of work to get them ready to assemble - usually a couple of stroke with a file to get rid of the mold pip.

They assemble with friction and stay together until you can touch them with a bit of liquid cement to hold them, which is a lot better than some others that need much more cleanup and have to have each link cemented together as you go.

Or that's the theory. I haven't had any problems when following DML's suggestions and they are easier (if you want misery try the three-part single link Sherman VVSS tracks...)

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

You just empty the bag onto the bench, then say "ASSEMBLUS TRACKUS" and the job is done

Or possibly not...

MH

Reply to
max

Thank God I came up with that heated dried glue trick for the ICM T-35, or I'd have gone clean off of my rocker trying to glue that many track links together one-by-one. I haven't bought a model with the magic tracks yet, but they sound like a brilliant idea for simplifying things. I was always fond of the Tamiya snap-together polyethylene tracks for their 1/25 scale tank kits. If you want to drive yourself crazy, do the polyethylene and metal rod ones on a Tauro A-7V.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Long Live One Piece Silver Vinyl Track !!!!!!!!

Craig

Reply to
crw59