Dry Transfer Decals - ?

saw the Verlinden VL0382 German Uniform Insignia set at squadron.

how they work? rub on with pencil lead or eraser?

Craig

Reply to
Craig

I'm pretty sure that the Verlinden Uniform Insignia are decals and NOT dry transfers.

Archer Fine Transfers

DOES make dry transfer uniform insignia, but to date their range of German insignia is limited to Helmet insignia, and SS insignia and shoulder boards. Right now they have much more in the way of US and British insignia.

The big advantage that good dry transfers have over decals for very small stuff like this is that they can have much higher resolution. Since decals are usually screen printed the resolution is limited by the screen. Dry transfers are produced by a process more like photographic printing, or photoetching.

The disadvantage of dry transfers for very small markings is that they can be difficult to place correctly and you only get one shot. For this reason, the Archer uniform insignia come with wet transfer paper which allows you to treat them like decals after transferring them to the paper.

Disclaimer: My wife used to do work for Archer, and the owner is a personal friend. But they do produce excellent stuff.

Reply to
Rick DeNatale