Dude, here's a groovy diorama idea!

"Canadian troops fighting Taliban militants in Afghanistan have stumbled across an unexpected and potent enemy -- almost impenetrable forests of 10-foot-tall marijuana plants. Gen. Rick Hillier, chief of the Canadian defense staff, said Thursday that Taliban fighters were using the forests as cover. In response, the crew of at least one armored car had camouflaged their vehicle with marijuana... "We tried burning them with white phosphorus -- it didn't work. We tried burning them with diesel -- it didn't work. The plants are so full of water right now... that we simply couldn't burn them," he said. Even successful incineration had its drawbacks. "A couple of brown plants on the edges of some of those (forests) did catch on fire. But a section of soldiers that was downwind from that had some ill effects and decided that was probably not the right course of action," Hillier said dryly."

(That's a feature, not a bug.)

Reply to
tomcervo

some parts of the world they reach almost 20 feet but not there. theirs are more bushy and have an abundunce of flowers which makes the hashish very potent. in the 60's, 'ghani hash with the dirty white streak of opium running through like steaks in a bimbo's hair was considered the best. so i heard.

not trees, but they can reach 20' a friend was in a war in a sea country and sent me a photo of self standing in a plant about 6' off the ground. as i said, the flowers go into hash. but the stuff about leaves having no buzz is bullshit. ask any hippy.

Nuke 'em. That'll solve *all* the problems.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain (e) wrote

You didn't inhale, right? (c;

Rob

Reply to
AussieRob

Do realize that for a long time in history, it was grown for it's value to make rope out of it. Hemp rope is still used even in this day and age.

Reply to
AM

hell yes. i inhaled, chewed, drank and engaged in casual sex all during college. it was the 60's and it was my duty.

there was a hemp farm in ohio. hippies still go there for wild pot.

I forwarded this to an old friend, retired Marine and veteran of two tours in the South East Asia follys back in the late 60's. He is now demanding I come up to his place and clean the beer and pizza off his monitor. You should be careful with these kind of stories.

Bill Shuey :-)

Reply to
William H. Shuey

My dad really wanted me to go to college. Maybe I shoulda, if for nothing else than the casual sex. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Look on the bright side. According to tonight's paper you'll hang on to your wits longer than the rest of us. I shoulda snuck some to my mom.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

The boring stuff, of course!