privateer

the squadron flyer had pe for the privateer. the called it the matchbox/revell kit. anyone hear this?

Matchbox produced a 72nd scale Privateer quite a few years ago. I have one in my "stash" somewhere. If there is a PE set being made available now, perhaps someone is going to reissue the kit. Or perhaps MPM, Azur or that group is planning one. Ol' 45

Reply to
Ol' 45

the revelle part was the question.

Revell had a 1/72 PB4Y-1 out years ago - their B-24D with Navy markings.... Matchbox has a 1/72 PB4Y-2 Privateer. It may just be a re-release of their PB4Y-1...

Reply to
Bob B

must be, the pe was for both.

i thought it was a 24...didn't look at it closely. and yeah, thery're apples and gynecologists.

'Both' would suggest the -2, single fin model. This ties in with the previous thread about falling prices on E-bay. The old Matchbox must be re-emerging soon. IIRC, you were the happy recipient of my ancient PB4Y-1 from Revell. You can see there's no commonality between the 2 kits.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

LOL

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Revell has acquired a lot of the old Matchbox molds, so this is pretty sure to be the old Matchbox kit, albeit molded in one color of plastic. FWIW The Matchbox kit is said to have some size and shape issues, who was it that put out a resin correction set some years ago?? My memory ain't what it used to be (I'm 68, so gimme a break).

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

hah? whazzat sonny? i don't know who but it's rare now.

Shucks, I just found out that my 8th grade History teacher is 'only' that old. It's hard to believe that back in '63 he was in his 20s. I know he looked a lot older. Must have been the teaching profession. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller