Revell Germany PB4Y-2 Privateer: Has Anyone Built It?

I'm planning on purchasing one of the Revell Germany PB4Y-2s online, and am wondering if anyone here has built it. I've heard it's a reissue of the Matchbox one, true? Any reviews pro or con? TIA.

Reply to
Matt Wiser

Yes, it's a Matchbox repop, with all that implies. It's 1970s vintage, not a lot of detail, adequate fit, coke-bottle clear parts, some panel trenches, good shape and everything else you'd expect from a Matchbox kit.

"Some modelling skills required" sums it up. You could definitely do worse. I mean, what if it were Starfix?

<Jessie_C>

Is it not 1980s vintage? I've built a couple of the Matchbox release & have a few of the Revell releases in the stash. Either way, they're the best 1/72 injection kits of the Privateer out. :)

Reply to
frank

Okay, this page:

says it was released in 1980/81 but it was likely tooled with

1970s technology. It certainly wasn't much of an improvement over 1970s Matchbox kits.
Reply to
<Jessie_C>