Cyber December?!?

...ok - some retailers are milkin' it through the whole month. Sale, tease, wait - one more sale.

So I finally got a 1/32 He 111-P. And the Big Ed etch sets for my Trumpeter F-100D and Mig-23MF. And some other metal goodies.

So now I gotta go grab about $200 worth of resin before it goes back to being about $300 worth of resin...there's gotta be some sort of 12-step thing to stop this sort of madness. Right?

Reply to
Rufus

LOL Rufus - I found the solution... JUST STOP DOING IT. :D Seriously, I'm just starting back into building after a couple of years away, and I'm feeling happy about being metal- and resin-free; for now, anyway...

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG

rufus, the only 12 that would work would be 12 guage. so sigh and cry. plus have the best of holidays.

Reply to
someone

At least I'm going to get some serious time off over Christmas - 23 days straight. The stars just lined up that way this year...

...planning a mad, insane, building jag. Hoping to get my u-boat kicked majorly down the path to completion.

Reply to
Rufus

more pics, ok? not doing the folks thing this year? i was going to see my sis but in january, a late xmas, but we decided spring would be more fun. i want to take a bike with. mo in the spring is pretty. you feeling ok, bud? you've been a bit quiet. i do keep the christian sacrifices for your health and some others here. my new back dr is doing some good, to the wonderment of us all. i had a wonderful early xmas due to the coolness and kindness of one of our great guys in this group. i won't embarass him but his kind generosity was overwhelming.

Reply to
someone

Definitely - pics all the way.

I always go east for Thanksgiving - latest I can go and not get snowed on. Did that, got to see all the cousins. Glad to hear you're having a good season. Hope your health is better than mine.

I've been a bit flared of late - starting to have inflammatory issues with my tendons - my ankles and ribs. I just saw my rheumo yesterday and we're going to double my Humira dosage...so now I get to shoot up weekly instead of once every two weeks like I'd been doing for the past year. But I've spent most of this week in unusual amounts of pain...my sternum and ribs bother me when I lay down. Or move my head. Or raise my arms. Or breathe. My range of motion isn't limited, but I feel weak because of the constant aching/burning in my connective tissues. At least my gut and eyes seem to be behaving.

Reply to
Rufus

The only way to stop the madness is to give all of your stash away! Rid yourself of temptation! Pack it securely and mail it to me, I'll take care of it for you and end your suffering.

;)

Reply to
rfranklin

See what I have to look forward to! And I'm still in 1/48 Helos. With a few props and jets mixed in here and there. Still in the out of the box mode. Maybe i'll start looking for 1/35 helos soon. But on my xmas list is a 1/48 Wesland Army Lynx AH1-7 to paint like the ones we trained with in Air Troop, 2nd ACR on the czech border.

merry xmas all

pj

Reply to
Pj

i hate to hear that, makes me feel guilty. i still have the pain, a big as always, but this dr has restored a great deal of my range of motion. i can touch me knees and even bend enough to see toes. she has also helped with the migranes by changing the formulation of my break through pain med. works much faster, almost as good as shooting up. glad you did the turkey. i was invited out so got good food and company. i'll torch a bakers dozen christian's for your pain god.

Reply to
someone

down boy, i claimed ghoul's rights years ago, didn't i rufus?

Reply to
someone

...reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated...so that *I* can rifle the stashes of others under the radar...

Reply to
Rufus

Mainly big annoyances...just enough pain to make me slower than I'd like to be. but at least I do seem be able to sleep now - five years of big-time insomnia is enough!

Reply to
Rufus

i brought the stealth glue and paint....sh.

Reply to
someone

yes, i got that with the migranes in my teens. that's why i'm so well read.

Reply to
someone

Be careful you don't get blown into Missouri. Spring is usually the time of year that those dust devils get going in earnest.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

huh? i don't remember those. what part of the state?

Reply to
someone

Not to worry, at the rate I'm going my stash will last me till I'm 337 years old...

Reply to
rfranklin