Revell PB4Y-2 Privateer-anyone built one?

ISTR a while back that Revell was bringing back the old Matchbox PB4Y-2 Privateer; has anyone built it? I have the old Matchbox one (I've been meaning to build it, but real life has gotten in the way, but plan to), so are there any differences? TIA.

Reply to
Matt Wiser

is it actually out? i've never seen it advertised or on a shelf.

Reply to
someone

Reply to
Matt Wiser

i have a matchbox i'll probably never build.

Reply to
someone

Sure --- it's even on the shelves of Yodobashi Camera in Japan :-) But I won't buy it---I had (maybe still have, back home) the old Matchbox kit, bought corrected cowls & a set of vacuform canopies, I think even some other stuff like tyres, and then never built it.... bah!

Reply to
ha4h-grnt

mine is just the stock matchbox. squadron sells the vac form glass. weren't there better props, too? i won't build mine unless i get space to display it. i hate hanging models.

Reply to
someone

Yeah, that's right, I remember. I bought for the B-25 at the same time, will use on the Italeri kit later this winter (pieces washed after years sitting in a box slowly covering in dust).

Um, I think this sucker bought those too :-) It's possible I sold the whole lot off cheaply to someone at our local club before I moved to Japan. That would have been the best way for it to have gone. Can't imagine what it would do now---slowly degrade in the outside room back home.

Likewise. I remember how pissed off I was when my club back in Kyoto decided to do a 1/32-scale "year theme".... :-)

Reply to
ha4h-grnt

i bet people were banging their heads. i saw the bits to convert a 1/4 to a privateer. all together it was several hundred bucks. not gonna happen here.

Reply to
someone