Revell Germany FW-200 C-8 - old or new?

I see that the RG FW-200 C-8 (1/72) has started shipping.
Does anyone KNOW if this is an all new tool?
Greg Reynolds, IPMS
Reply to
Greg
Well... yeah.......
I've seen that page. It doesn't state one way or the other if it is a new mold. Clearly it AT LEAST has some new parts.
Revell Germany HAS previously reissued the old US Revell FW-200 C-4, so I wouldn't jump to any conclusions.
Has anyone SEEN the C-8 in person?
Greg Reynolds, IPMS
Reply to
Greg
I know that Revell released a civil Fw200, but I wasn't aware they had a military Fw200 before. I'd be thrilled to see a civil one to replace the old release (that I have on my shelf right now).
And who thinks of converting.... yikes; it would be a huge undertaking.
-- Stephen
Reply to
Stephen Tontoni
Hey Chris. i it too, must admit it didnt float my boat but got lots of interest.
I have just been cleaning up some of the 76th metal figues i got on Sat, and some i bought last year...
i lost your email addy after a HD failure, but got it now.

Nice to meet you and put a face to the name, hell you knew what i looked like ;-)
Reply to
Jules
That old kit was the first time I'd actually seen what one looked like. I frequently ran across references to them in books on WWII but no one ever published a photo in same. IIRC, my first one was painted Testors' Tan and Pactra's Anti-glare Green over Testors' Flat Blue. Close, but no prize for that!
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
Yeah! Nice to see you too Jules - but then you've been on national TV here in the UK and I haven't!
Thanks for pointing me at the German photoetch bloke, the U-boat stuff is superb!
Cheers,
Chris
Reply to
Chris Hughes
I have two of those kits in my Deep Stash - both in very retro-looking boxes and both unlikely ever to be built.
Reply to
Enzo Matrix
I liked the barrel i got, my first ever time with owt like that, should get around to using it in the next 10 years!!
Reply to
Jules
Yeah, real art instead of a photo. I think I have the box art saved from my last one. IIRC, it's a 200 banking over a freighter in ice floes.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Site Timeline