Revell Germany FW-200 C-8 - old or new?

I see that the RG FW-200 C-8 (1/72) has started shipping.

Does anyone KNOW if this is an all new tool?

Greg Reynolds, IPMS

Reply to
Greg

Brand new mold.

Martin

Reply to
The Collector

I suspect that it's the old moulds from the 1960s.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Well... yeah.......

I've seen that page. It doesn't state one way or the other if it is a new mold. Clearly it AT LEAST has some new parts.

Revell Germany HAS previously reissued the old US Revell FW-200 C-4, so I wouldn't jump to any conclusions.

Has anyone SEEN the C-8 in person?

Greg Reynolds, IPMS

Reply to
Greg

I know that Revell released a civil Fw200, but I wasn't aware they had a military Fw200 before. I'd be thrilled to see a civil one to replace the old release (that I have on my shelf right now).

And who thinks of converting.... yikes; it would be a huge undertaking.

-- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Wow, who'd a thunk? RG certainly isn't the 'old' Revell.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Curt

Yep, I saw it at Telford last weekend - it's 100% brand spanking new and GORGEOUS!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes

Hey Chris. i it too, must admit it didnt float my boat but got lots of interest.

I have just been cleaning up some of the 76th metal figues i got on Sat, and some i bought last year...

i lost your email addy after a HD failure, but got it now.

Nice to meet you and put a face to the name, hell you knew what i looked like ;-)

Reply to
Jules

That old kit was the first time I'd actually seen what one looked like. I frequently ran across references to them in books on WWII but no one ever published a photo in same. IIRC, my first one was painted Testors' Tan and Pactra's Anti-glare Green over Testors' Flat Blue. Close, but no prize for that!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Does anyone have the civilian variant that they would care to part with?

Tom

Mad-Modeller wrote:

Reply to
maiesm72

Yeah! Nice to see you too Jules - but then you've been on national TV here in the UK and I haven't!

Thanks for pointing me at the German photoetch bloke, the U-boat stuff is superb!

Cheers,

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes

I have two of those kits in my Deep Stash - both in very retro-looking boxes and both unlikely ever to be built.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

I liked the barrel i got, my first ever time with owt like that, should get around to using it in the next 10 years!!

Reply to
Jules

i think i have your last one. was it started?

Yeah, real art instead of a photo. I think I have the box art saved from my last one. IIRC, it's a 200 banking over a freighter in ice floes.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Yep. I'm pretty sure you're the lucky recipient. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

nodnodnod That's the one.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

it's in a box with some others i haven't got to yet.

Hi Folks,

Please go to this website and check it out...

Jimmy Tai Tang

Reply to
Tang Thieu Tai