Red Fw 190

I'm confused about a particular Fw 190 and I need some expert advice.
On January 1, 1945 an Fw 190 made a belly landing at St. Trond,
Belgium and was reportedly flown by Major von Komatski. The 506
Fighter Squadron, 404th Fighter Group restored it, painted it insignia
red (?) - well, red anyway - and planned to fly it. It had the code
L * 00 (or 00 * L) depending on your perspective and had 1-1-45 on the
vertical fin. On the left side of the cowling there is a white crest
with what appears to be a knight's helmet inside. One photo I have
shows a rectangular sign hanging on the left side of the aircraft below
the cockpit with the words "KEEP OFF" and some other illegible
writing on it.
I've been told that Jeff Ethell's book on WWII nose art has a photo
as does Roger Freeman's "Ninth Air Force in Color" but I have no
access to either book.
I have an "official" photo which says nothing about the model of
this Fw 190. One source I have lists this aircraft as an Fw 190F-2. The
recent Flight Journal special issue on German Fighters says it's an
Fw 190G (nothing beyond "G"). I have also been told this aircraft
was an A-8. I give up.
Does anyone actually know? If so, which kit is the best one to use
(1/48 preferably). Help.
Reply to
robbelothe