Need Translation of Title of German Publication for Model Reference

Can somone (at least someone with more expertise in German than me) translate the following title for me? It a reference for a model I'm building. Thanks.

Ein Aussergewohnliches Beuteflugzeug: Die Brandrote Focke-Wulf FW

190A-8

Ed R.

Reply to
robbelothe

I get, "An Extraordinary Booty Airplane: The Fire-Red Focke-Wulf FW

190A-8". Methinks there might be an idiom at work here because 'Booty' makes no sense to me.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Then again, perhaps it applies to a captured aircraft?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Reply to
Rik Shepherd

Thats it - "Beuteflugzeuge" were captured aircraft

*time is an enemy*
Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt

Bill Banaszak wrote

Beutepanzer seems to be the generic German term for captured and reused tanks: I guess the same could apply to aircraft - I'd assume it's a German book about an FW190 captured and used by the Allies?

Reply to
Rik Shepherd

The "machine translation" had given me

**An Aussergewohnliches booty airplane: the fire red Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-8.** I couldn't figure out the **Aussergewohnliches** part. I gues **exceptional** might work. Would **unusual** be an acceptable translation?

It was, indeed a captured Fw 190. It showed up at St Trond, Belgium on January 1, 1945.

Ed R

Reply to
robbelothe

My dictionary gave me 'extraordinary'. Literally 'outside [extra-] (ausser) of the ordinary (gewöhnliches)'.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Am Sun, 02 Apr 2006 22:44:30 -0500 schrieb "Mad-Modeller":

Bill, you're right. The translation should be: 'An extraordinary captured aircraft: The fire-red Focke-Wulf FW-190A-8'.

BTW: I am in doubt, if it is called 'extraordinary' because the paint job or the aircraft's technical details. I guess, 'only' the former...

cu, ZiLi aka HKZL (Heinrich Zinndorf-Linker)

Reply to
spam-trash