190 In US markings

I can remember seeing pictures somewhere of a FW 190 in US markings. Can anyone give me the name of the book? Seems to me it was mostly Red.

If you can point me to a pic on the web of this plane that is even better.

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
Chris Spierings

try:

the all red one.I think it was shown in a back issue of SAM or SAMI a year or so back also

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

There is a color plate of this in the Fw.190 Aircraft in Profile book.

The Old Timer

If you can find it, I think "Fighter Command" has pics of one in red and yellow, as well.

Reply to
EGMcCann

Drop me a line.

I did the red bird from the 1/72 Airfix kit years ago and still have it.

The original German personal emblem was retained only on the left side of the cowling and there was no radio antenna wire.

This aircraft was shot down over St.Trond, Belgium on 1/1/45 by ground fire. The all red color scheme is standard USAAF insignia red. There are anti skid panels in black on both wing roots and black the width of the exhaust running in a curve down to the trailing edge of the wing root.

I have a file with photos of the original German paint scheme and the USAAF red scheme. It is available through MAI Research Service for the minimu fee of $10.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Might be a different one, the one I was thinking of was red and yellow....

Reply to
EGMcCann

I have one on my Komet site, in the background of a Wright Field fair photo:

It doesn't look red to me though..

Rob

My models:

Me 163B site: