"Warplane" on PBS - must see TV for wingnuts

Check your listings. 2 hrs and looking good so far.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

afew inaccuracies but great selection of photos and vids. i give it an A-, very high for pbs history!

I heard an entirely new way to pronounce 'molybdenum'. I didn't catch the narrator's name. He sounded like Stacy Keach but I could be way off. For the record, I've always heard it 'MO-lib-de-num'. On the show I heard 'muh-lib-DEN-im'.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

It was Keach.

It was a good series even if they were describing construction of F-117 while showing footage of SR-71 assembly. I enjoyed watching it.

I also enjoyed watching show on WWII British Dam Busters. I think it was "Secerts of Death".

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

clse pete, it was secrets of the dead. it's like nova in that i've never seen a bad program from either show. i've watched everyone of both.

I've always heard it pronounced with accent on SECOND syllable. Mo LIB den um.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

You're doing pretty well if you can say all the syllables one after the other :-) FWIW, in South Africa I've pronounced it like above. didn't know the 1st and 2nd syllable prnounciation, r.m.s. is agreat education.

Don> I've always heard it pronounced with accent on SECOND Don> syllable. Mo LIB den um.

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

The Amer. Heritage Dict. pronounces it as: mo-LI-t&num No B or D sound at all, unless B and D together is pronounced as T.

Willshak

I'm a chemist, so take my pronunciation with that grain of salt.

mo-LIB-den-um.

E.P.

Reply to
Ed Pirrero