Allen-Bradley 7320 control for sale

Anybody need parts for an Allen-Bradley 7320 CNC control? I have a complete 7320 that worked fine last time I powered it up (which was a while ago). I have the I/O boards, CPU boards, diagnostic tapes, manuals, power supply, etc. I have the monitor, keyboard, control panel, etc. too.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Let me ask around. Got a few clients with old AB controls on their mills. I think that came standard on Kondias for a few years didnt they?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Thanks! The 7320 is a pretty ancient control, from about 1978. Not compatible with the 8500. I'd like to see these boards (and there are a LOT of them) get some use rather than be scrapped.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Reply to
Ignoramus5150

Indeed. That would be the first thing Id try. Either entire control or boards alone with card numbers.

Dealers/fixers will often call you and ask if you have any more..and then you can sell the entire stack off of ebay.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Selling such stuff by the board is a great business, a very easy business.

Ignoramus5150

I checked completed sales and they mostly show no sale at $15

- 30. Not worth the trouble to keep a bunch of such listings up if nobody is buying. These are now about 35 years old. Very few custom parts in them other than PROMS and a troublesome keyboard encoder chip, so there is a pretty good chance of keeping them running, if you really wanted to. But, then, I had 3 significant breakdowns in 9 months of light use of mine, and when the original EMC came along, I was happy to move on! So, I may be way too late. the broker-vultures still have Google clogged with their listings starting at $300 a board, though.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Then just junk it.

Reply to
Ignoramus5150

Those were a very nice controller back in the day, but if I recall correctly, you had to manually "park" the disc reader hears before shutdown or you risk data loss; in the event of a power loss, all bets were off..at one point in time we probably had nearly 50 of them at the Boeing Portland plant, retrofitted to large multi spimdle hydraulic tracers, first with spool valves feeding std hyd cylinders with resolver on rack and pinion, then we started using ballscrews with the vickers pumps setup backwards to run as servos and then finally we started using an actual DC servo, if i recall correctly they were gettys.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Spoken like a true "broker-vulture"...

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

It's depressing tossing good but obsolete stuff. I had to do that recently with some good high end CRT monitors, nothing wrong with them, but no point in keeping them when I can replace them with a good LCD for so little. Still sad...

Reply to
Pete C.

It worries me when I see my wife looking at me with sad eyes, or when I'm tossing old clothes into the Salvation Army bin and she asks if I think I could fit in the lid.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

So folks can put it up on eBay for a low price plus a Best Offer button. Someone who needs/wants it will take it off their hands.

I hate tossing stuff, too. When it fails the eBay/CL tries, it goes on Freecycle. If it fails that and the curbside tests, it finally goes into Goodwill (-if- they accept it) or the trash.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The surest way to dispose of anything not wanted is to leave said item in the back of your pickup. Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

I tried that a couple times. There was more stuff in the truck's bed when I came back. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Try putting a price tag on it, not too low, not too high, just to imply it has value to someone...

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

"Michael A. Terrell" on Wed, 17 Jul 2013

21:28:22 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

"So much for getting rid of the accordion."

And have read Thucydides.

pyotr filipivich

I know a guy who placed a dead skunk in a ziplock bag with some shards of broken glass in the bag, inside of an old tool box, in the back of his pickup truck, on a Friday night.,.about a week after finding the skunk on the side of the road. It was gone by Sunday morning. It was pretty easy to determine who the perps were...all one had to do was pull into the highschool parking lot Monday morning and sniff for the perps car. They didnt find the tool box..but the smell pretty much screwed up the assholes vehicle for many weeks. No jail time..but the smell was punishment all by itself.

The kid finally dropped out of school, od'd on drugs and was found strangled to death on his own vomit in his buddies apartment, some 4-5 days after his death. Screwed up his buddies apartment too..being in August. The buddy being in jail waiting arraigment on drug charges....

Got to love Darwin.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

That all depends on accordion to whom you ask.

What did he know about destroyers, fighter jets & nukes? :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" on Thu, 18 Jul 2013

12:37:38 -0400 typed >> "Michael A. Terrell" on Wed, 17 Jul 2013

"weird Al "Polkamania" Yankovich?

Just that when you have a hammer, and everything is a nail, don't just tap, tap, tap on things. Nope, Wham! - one hit, it's done, you're done, no body is going to ask if you mean to hit any more nails. When you go to war, you beat the enemy like a rented step child, like a blacksmith with 'issues', like Ty Cobb beating the throw to second; you pound them like pilferin? percussionist! . Like Gene Krupa and Buddy Rich in a duet, like Animal on a solo rift on Innagaddavida! Pound ?em lad, pound ?em! You kick ass, you don't bother taking names, as you'll be issuing new ones shortly. It worked than as it works now, but the Athenians forgot, and got their asses handed to them at Syracuse, and shortly there after, the Spartan's sacked the home city too.

As the Roman's would later do, make a desert, and call it "peace".

pyotr filipivich