Allen Bradley SLC5 Software

Anyone know where I can get a copy of the software to program an Allen Bradley SLC5/3 ?

Sure. Your local Allen-Bradley rep. Only $500-600. + a few hundred a year for maintenance.
So what if I don't have that much money ?

program an Allen

hundred a

On Mon, 02 May 2005 03:51:08 GMT, "Phil Scott"

What is it, Phil? Wago? I've used some AutomationDirects (software $100), but they have no nice extruded cases.
Back to the OP's question, being serious this time, if you buy a copy of Rslogix off ebay or somewhere, be sure you get the keydisk with it. Also be aware that AB software changes versions with the slightest breeze, and programs made with v6.0 can not be directly loaded into v5.5, at least not the comments and symbols.
I'll start the old thing about how methinks that PLC manufacturers should give away their software to get you to buy their PLC's.
Steve Cothran wrote:

Think about it this way. Lets say you (an engineer) bid a job with a few PLCs and then turn it over to the customer. If the customer has some savvy maintenance tech on staff, they'll just repair or upgrade the system on their own. If the cost of the tools is kept high, they are more likely to refer such business back to the engineering firm (you).
AB (and others) might be happy to give the stuff away (or just cover their expenses) but their customers (consultants) would get upset.

------
guns.
Phil Scott wrote:

Correct. Manufacturers forget who their real customers are and what their TCO is.

Here agian, Microsoft percieves their customers as the companies that run servers and send you all those popups and spyware. End users are considered to be the property of a company, not a customer.

Allen Bradley and others create cost barriers to adoption to protect their current marketing channels. But in the end, challengers just attack these channels with lower cost solutions.
Being part of what AB (and Microsoft) considers to be its marketing channel, I have to decide whether or not to rely on their proprietary solutions to keep my customers locked in, or whether some other engineering firm can spec something with a lower cost. If they can, I have to decide if I can stand up to the competition or if I need a shield to hide behind.

------
after all, the

flowcharts; look how

programming
(software
Call Robin at (508) 990 2977

buy a copy

keydisk with it.

slightest
loaded into

manufacturers
PLC's.
chas wrote:

Allen

The answer is you buy it.

program an

bad answer if you mean he has to go to AB and pay full bore retail ...especially if he only needs to do one small edit... if he has an old controller he might be able to get an old copy cheap from someone no longer using it..
or....gasp...god forbid.. he could rent it from the guy.
AB needs to get off of its high horse and be more reasonable with its software (and cease with the waste of time training for 1,000 dollars a day)...or it will be the chinese that get the rest of the plc market.
Phil Scott