SLC5/04 & Excel Query

A number of years ago I wrote a Lotus 123 spreadsheet (with some help), that monitored in real time, analogue inputs to a Modicon 984 PLC. Each cell was set up as a Datalink Link, for example @DATALINK("view","tagname","tonnerate"). Is it possible to do this with an Allen Bradley SLC5/04 PLC and Excel? TIA

Reply to
BIGEYE

Another cell formula we used was @DATALINK("modbus","plc1","41120")

Reply to
BIGEYE

-- Tzortzakakis Dimitrios major in electrical engineering, freelance electrician FH von Iraklion-Kreta, freiberuflicher Elektriker dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr Ï "BIGEYE" Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá news:437a4a4e$0$23290$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk...

New weight-loss scales;instead of just measuring your fat, with a 400 kV blast literally ``burns``it.Prolonged usage may result in high electricity bills.

Reply to
Dimitrios Tzortzakakis

Yes. I do not know what exactly the command is. It would depend on which ODBC drivers you have loaded. Both Labview and Wonderware have knowledge databases which describe in detail the commands necessary for the SLC family. I'm assuming that your question was more towards what the command actually is tho. Maybe someone here will know this off hand.

Reply to
A. Paul Montgomery

Check out

for a Serial DF1 or DH+ ActiveX Control compatible with SLC5/04 that can be embedded in your Excel spreadsheet.

You will need to implement a very small amount of VBA code.

Reply to
MARK