Allen-Bradley 7320 control for sale

All of that was just a dry run for the creation of Chicago...

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Ayup. Best way to have a war. Makes the onlookers think mighty hard before ramping one up of their own.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Our methods in Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq2 seem to pale in comparison, don't they?

War is hell. Do it right or pay the price. (We're doing the latter.)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Michael A. Terrell" on Fri, 19 Jul 2013

02:52:27 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

For that, I would prefer the Ottoman Army, at the gates of Constantinople, on an April day in 1453. "Three days sack!"

"We're going to loot, sack, pillage and burn! Lot, sack, pillage and burn, rah rah!"

tschus pyotr

History Majors, some of us remember some of the "not so good" Good Old Days.

-- pyotr filipivich "History rarely repeats herself" is the cliche. In reality she just lets fly with a frying pan yelling "Why weren't you listening the first time!?"

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Larry Jaques on Fri, 19 Jul 2013

06:03:39 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Wrong modes of fighting.

The problem with Democracies and War, as Gladstone or Disraeli observed, is that you have to whip the population up to get them to support it. Which makes it difficult to have a short war, or a war on short notice, for Reasons of State, which do not have a big hook with which to catch that fish "Public Support".

Politics is war by other means. The Careerists in State don't have a definitive objective, or time frame to work towards. So there is time for Yet Another Conference on the Current Crisis. Bring your staff, and the wife and kids "fun for the whole family."

pyotr filipivich

DISC???

There was no disc, EVER, on a 7320. This was pretty much a paper tape control, although you could run it in drip-feed DNC mode, or store small programs in the memory, if you had the local edit option. The system I got running was strictly paper tape, I didn't even have the serial port option, so I built my own BTR interface to a laptop.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

And their Gunnery Sergeant yelled above the crowd

"Remember, Loot and Pillage -FIRST-!"

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques on Sat, 20 Jul 2013

05:56:40 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Shiny stuff first!

Pillage - then burn. (Is so much more romantic by firelight.)

pyotr filipivich

replying to Jon Elson, Captain Cosmo wrote: i will buy it

Reply to
Captain Cosmo