Allen Bradley SLC150

Does anybody know the voltage for the battery backup? I have the manual but it only lists the AB part#, not the voltage.

Reply to
Jeff Dieterle

A quick google for 1745-B1 identifies a host of third party vendors. Nominally, 3V for 1745-B1.

A SLC150? How old is this thing?

Reply to
thrugoodmarshall

Thanks, I goggled also and found the batteries for around 12 bucks. The factory I work at recently scrapped several of these with the expansion modules so the price was right. I think these were first installed in the late 80's, about the size of shoebox, AB current small plc is a Pico about the size of a pack of cigarettes. The Pico blows away the early SLC's as far as memory and processing power. My house is wired with low voltage lighting and I'm in the processes of programming a security system using the SLC to randomly turn on lighting and monitor alarm signals.

Reply to
Jeff Dieterle

Hmmm...Random lighting...So you don't care about actually keeping time?

Do they have EEPROMs--Maybe you don't need a battery?

Jeff Dieterle wrote:

Reply to
thrugoodmarshall
1 eprom out of a half dozen slc's so I'm not sure yet how I'll use it. Ya I said random, more correctly the lights I control will be via timers in the slc program.
Reply to
Jeff Dieterle