Revell and Matchbox SA 330 Puma in 1:32

Does anyone know if these two kits are the same? Or rather if the Revell kit is an updated version of the old Matchbox. Revell has reissued several of their kits, but so far those I've seen without change except decals. But the old Matchbox Puma is the early version and the Revell (Kit 04412) boxart indicates a newer different version - with some of the changes that I have been thinking of doeing to the Matchbox. There are the new intake covers/airfilters, new mainwheel sponsoons, nosemounted radar and flotation gear and a rescue winch. Sounds to me like it's to much to change,but with Revell one never knows.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

I'd been under the impression that it was the Matchbox kit, but I'd have to see one in the plastic to be sure. The Matchbox kit wasn't really too shabby, it should certainly be possible to make a very nice Puma with one.

flak monkey

Apparently they are different. An article in the December 2006 issue of IPMS/USA's Journal described a build of an RAF Puma and the author, Milt Poulos, stated that he bought the Revell of Germany kit to get needed additional parts. He said the molding on the original Matchbox release was better than the Revell and the Matchbox details were better and crisper. However there are problems with the Matchbox kit as well. HTH.

Reply to
robbelothe

As far as I know the answer to your question is yes, however Revell may have attempted to soften the over heavy panel lines of the original therefore altering the finished product.

Reply to
Doug

I know that normally Matchbox is heavy on the panel lines, but this kit is not, actually it's very fine panellines and the fuselage and tail is very thin, almost like VAC form parts, but with nice details. Even if there's some ejectorpin marks several places inside

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

I know, as I have one on the desk, actually I think it may be their best in

1:32 scale - if not all scales.
Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

Thanks, this is exactly what I wanted to know. I think I'll proceed with the Matchbox.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

i don't know if it's in england. i'm in the u.s.

Reply to
someone