Has anyone built Chris Heapy's German Equatorial Telescope mount ?

The one I'm referring to is at :

It's obviously going to be a big job and there is not a complete set of drawings, in fact although there is more pencilled in the last update for that page is stated to be 1999 sometime. IDK if there's a later set knocking around ?

I have a lathe and a mill but it's still a big job and I wondered if anyone else here had had a go at one ? I am a total astronomical newbie and doubt my abilities to design an equatorial mount that woulkd work well enough to be worth the effort.

Any info much appreciated,

Thanks,

Reply to
Boo