Eduard seatbelts Ju88 1-32 what are yours like ?

Hi, Having acquired by post the Eduard e-brass pre-painted seatbelt set 32632 for the Revell 1/32 Ju88A1, I see the black printing of the stitching is not central on the belt, so the box with X in at each end of the belt is more a three sided box with an X, the other edge being either almost totally off or off the edge of the brass. Other features are off centre also. The lap pads with raised edges have stitching missing the edges at the sides, but ok top and bottom. Things that should look central are not, for me it looks wrong. For a competition model its a risky move to accept error. Just looks odd anyway.

I also plumped for the generic 1/32 seatbelt set 32507 and that too is afflicted. All black stitching is off to one side.

Wish they used brown or a dark buff, seatbelts didnt have this obvious black stitching on them anyway.

Has anyone else got these and are they better registered. After a long wait for such before continuing the build its yet another delay now whilst better are sought. Never had this before from Eduard. Is better to be had in this set ?

The instrument panel set 32633 is also slightly out, right hand side of black bezel is three times as thick as left side. The other colours are in register with the black, its just that the printing is out of register with the parts.

How are yours ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

About the only etch I won't use is etched belts...but I'll be trying some of these out:

Rufus

Hi Rufus. Hey, those look ten times more realistic, I recognise the lap pad as being beige with brown edging, Eduards are a sort of olive green, Battle of Britain fighters had buff with brown edging, no reason to believe the bombers were different. I can find out though. Secondly, the lack of black stitching on those is what truly makes them look real.

I think I shall be overspraying the Eduard set, perhaps its about time reviewers were honest on reviews as opposed to saying what the kit supplier would like to hear so they get more freebies to review next time. Come on Eduard, get real. Great product spoilt by black stitching (and in my case badly registered) where originally it wasnt visible much if at all, certainly at 32 feet away (equates to 1/32). Even the pebbled finish on it is suspect at that scale.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

What's that kit like? I'm dying to get my hands on one...and one of the new DML Me 110s. Wish they'd do an Me 410 in 1/32...and an He 111 while they're at it...and...

Reply to
Rufus

The kit is great - I haven't startet actual build yet, but there's lots of details, nice surfaces and what seems to be good fit when dryfitting. Not as fidgety as Trumpeter, but definetly on par with many other newer kits. I like a lot, especially as it's not expensive.

Parts breakdown indicates possibility of other versions if this one sells. Seperate wingtips, rudder top and bottom of fuselage.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen