Full resin kit.

Please look at:

Thanks,

Tom

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
Tom

This is not important but I thought the registration letters for Netherlands' aircraft were PH not HN?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

HN (for Holland) was the original letters designated during the advent of aviation. It was changed to PH after the world ICAO meeting in the late

20s/early 30s to standardise the country codes and designators, and may also have to do with the country changing its name from Holland to The Netherlands.

Scott.

Reply to
scotty68

"scotty68 @dodo.com.au>"

Thanks. By a lucky coincidence my dad's name begins with PH so his air registration spells out the name of his company.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote in news:di33lf$ttf$ snipped-for-privacy@domitilla.aioe.org:

The first dutch designation was the "H". The kits marking should read H - N A B D (NABD evenly spaced)

Later, when the country codes were changed The "P" was added. P for "Pays Bas" French for The Netherlands. (Pays = countries, Bas = low; the Low Lountries/Lands)

We Dutch call The Netherlands "Nederland" or "Holland". Neder = low, Hol = hollow. Most of Holland is below sea level.

Just another lesson learned. One is never too old. Ha!

Cheers,

Dennis

Reply to
me-me

"kim" wrote in news:di33lf$ttf$ snipped-for-privacy@domitilla.aioe.org:

For example see:

me-me

That should more accurately be "those Dutch who also happen to live in one of the provinces called Holland"; apparently they have a problem distinguishing between their part and the whole. The rest tend to stick to Nederland.

Possibly correct, although most of The Netherlands isn't.

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

That's interesting. When was this supposed to have occurred? As near as I can tell, the last time 'Holland' was used officially to refer to the whole on the Netherlands was in the eightteenth century. Somewhat predates heavier than air aviation, I believe.

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

No, youre wrong this what is written under Holland in wikipedia:

The name Holland in this and the other entries on this page ultimately stem from holt land ("wooded land"). A popular, but incorrect, fake etymology holds that it is derived from hol land ("hollow land"), inspired by the low-lying geography of both the Dutch and the English region (Holland, Lincolnshire).

greatings from Den Haag, Nederlang

Rein Nijssen

Reply to
r.nijssen

Brilliant, thanks.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Rob van Riel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mail.com:

Hi all,

Rein, I stand corrected with the Holland/Holtland issue. I really didnt know that. My mistake.

Rob, And maybe not most of The Netherlands is below sea level, but al ot of it is. See:

Maybe because I live on the higher grounds in the east of the country that I'm not really concerned about that ;o)

As i said, one is never too old to learn.

Cheers, from Enschede, The Netherlands.

Dennis

Reply to
me-me

To quote me more correctly: "...and may also have to do with the country changing its name..."

I did say "may", as a hunch - not "was", as a fact (since it's been known by both names). No matter.

Scott.

Reply to
scotty68

My apologies. I misinterpreted your post as 'the country changed it's name, and this fact may have prompted the registration change'. 'the country may have changed it's name, which in turn prompted the registration change' is also a correct way to read this.

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel