flashbac ?

so is the flashback me 163 a testpr's with resin amd pe? or did someone else make a 1/48?

The Flashback komet is an ME-163A whereas the Testors, Revell, DML, Trimaster kits are the ME-163B. Testors is crap, Revell and DML are the same mold as the trimaster kit, which are pretty good OOB. IIRC DML and Trimaster has PE in the kit but Revell added those parts in plastic instead. I built the Revell kit and loved it.

JC Hayes

Reply to
JC

I beg to differ; the original Hawk/Testors/Italaerie kit of the Me-163 isn't as detailed as the Trimaster kit but it's still acceptable. You can use it as a slammer with those extra T/master decals. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

As of how many years ago? Last one I built was horrid - ignoring the lack of cockpit (which you can't see through the not-really-transparent transparencies,) the wing-fuselage joins left huge, ill-fitting gaps.

There's "acceptable," and there's "time to retire the molds." Though the wing slot detail was good to see.

My build and notes:

(Suggestion: use Mozilla... Tripod loves popups.)

Reply to
EGMcCann

The Testors kit is the ancient Hawk mold, only major problem is the wing shape. I had one DML and made a mold of the wings to replace them on the

5 Testors kit I got dirt cheap. The new w>
Reply to
Ron

so it's completely different. cool.

i built one the first month i was back modeling. mostly to practice seams and paint. i didn't do anything to the interior and took the easy way out. painted it red. i gave it to a friend who loves nazi ac, and he goo, gooed, but i wasn't happy. with the great web page and you guys ideas, i will do another for him. i'm 2/3 through the hasgawa and for some reason it is an unsatisying kit. it looks really good but i don't like it. and i don't know why.

I see your point; the molds I dealt with were from the eighties; one being a Testors-Japan rendition (what was that all about?) Sadly, I sold my original Hawk edition a while back, that would make for a good slammer. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper