For the rivet counters.

Check out this restored WWII M-10 Tank Destroyer in French livery.. Got road wheels?

or for the word wrap challenged -

willshak

Poor old thing, has that "ex-ranges" look about it with all of the pitting and missing tires from the road wheels. Still, it is fairly intact externally so is better than some.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

how the heck do you bondo an armored v? lead filler would probably fall off. wielding each pit and grinding would prolly work but the labor would be more than it's worth. how'd ya like to ride on them wheels, cookie? take a truss, back brace and much alcohol.

Reply to
someone

wheels?

Not just the tires, the first 4 wheels are all different. I wonder how many variants of Sherman road wheels were there?

Reply to
willshak

willshak wrote: :> On Jun 6, 10:51???am, willshak wrote: :> :>> Check out this restored WWII M-10 Tank Destroyer in French livery.. : Looks about right for a museum piece. :-) : :>> or for the word wrap challenged -

: Not just the tires, the first 4 wheels are all different. : I wonder how many variants of Sherman road wheels were there? : This vehicle about covers the gammit, I believe.

The third roadwheel is the first varient, the "open spoke". The first roadwheel is the second varient/first field expedient - "welded spoke".

Not sure about the third roadwheel - the plain dish.

The others are the standard roadwheel - stamped.

Curiously, the return rollers are all early "staight arm", without risers.

Looks to have the late cast nose, as well? And, is that "three bar" British track?

And, the VV springs look good - the swing arms aren't "flat".

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

The later style sprocket and idler match the stamped wheels, so I guess the others are the replacements.

There are also two or three types of radius arms and two types of bogies on there as well.

The nose looks like the early blunt cast version, rather than sharper later one.

I don't think the bearings are installed in the third road wheel - the radius arm looks lower than the centreline of the wheel.

The gun looks suspiciously shinier than the rest of it as well.

Adrian.

Reply to
Adrian Harris

That's the spirit. Appreciate it for what it is; a survivor. Good God, armor guys can be so pedantic. They're kind of like Republicans. They'd rather see a liberal win because the conservative candidate isn't conservative enough.

Reply to
dnsh

wheels?

First time here in r.m.s.? Lighten up. It was meant to be humorous, not pedantic.

WTF does politics have to do with it?

Reply to
willshak

Hardly the first time here. Could you point out exactly where and what is supposedly humorous in any of the above posts. All I see is nit picking. As far as the politics, it has nothing to do with politics. It was a simile. Armor modelers prefer tearing things apart instead accepting something for what it is. As do many people in politics. If it isn't ideologically perfect, it is contemptable.

Reply to
dnsh