Gluing help and ideas needed.....

Hi Gang, A friend of mine gave me an idea about making my own gimble mounts for my warbirds. It involves small chrome covered magnets and small ball bearings. I need suggestions on gluing the magnet to the clear plastic stand-offs. Also for gluing the ball bearing to the bottom of the warbird. Thanks in advance, Jonesy

Reply to
treadhead

For gluing dissimilar materials the first thing that always comes to mind is CA. The second thing is epoxy.

I have glued magnets to things with hot glue, but that may not work well gluing it to plastic.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

I would try CA and or Epoxy - the key world here is try. I've worked with both that just don't take to specific surfaces. What bothers me here is a shiny chrome surface. You might try roughing it on the area to be bonded. Also CA can fog clear near the glue area. So what I'm suggesting is a basic test - do a test setup - let it set for a week and then test for strength.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

treadhead wrote the following:

I have to ask. Why do you need a gimbal mount?

Reply to
willshak