happy new year

most of us are past the drunk and stupid stage but remember the morons WILL be driving. keep it safe and happy.

yep. I'm about 30 years past that stage.....Don't even think of leaving the house after 6 on NYE.

got my squadron flyer early for the first time ever...will probably spend new years on line buying something I don't need.....

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Happy New Year to all.

I was not planning to go out at all tonight. However, my wife is a senior nurse administrator at one of the largest hospitals in Metro DC and the person was scheduled to be the in-place administrator tonight called in sick (Hmm, I don't know, something a little odd about that.). Anyway, that means that she now has to go in and pull the 7P-7A shift tonight. Since we had planned to spend a quiet New Year's Eve together, I decided to make the drive to the hospital this evening with a bottle of sparkling grape juice so we can toast in the New Year as we always do. then I'll make the trek back home, hopefully dodging all the drunk and stupid drivers out on the DC roads.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

i will sacrifice a version for your safe travels.

Oh Yeah! Here in Baltimore we are bracing for a blow! The Baltimore Ravens started their last home game about 1/2 hour ago and it will let out about 8-8:30. On top of that they are planning a big New Year's bash and fireworks show down at the Inner Harbor. If the Ravens win we will have 40-45 thousand hyped up fans dumped out on top of the New Years revellers. A friend on the Baltimore PD says all leaves and vacations are cancelled and they are bracing for anything that comes. I wouldn't go downtown tonight for anything. It could well be a real madhouse.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I bet Floyd's glad he only flies the helo...........

Reply to
Ron Smith

Happy New Year too all. Staying home....Too much snow here in Colorado Springs to do anything else. Another great long weekend to model and I can't think of a better way to bring in 2007 (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

Lynne's administrator for a group home and it looks like she'll have to work tonight, but she'll probably be home (driving VERY carefully) before midnight.

Either way, we are having a quiet night. I decided to finish the Ames AD-1 for the February IPMS Santa Rosa contest. In between keeping Justin company with reading and puzzles, that is.

Happy New Year to all.

Tom

Count DeM> Happy New Year too all. Staying home....Too much snow here in Colorado

Reply to
maiesm72

New Years Eve is referred to as "Amateur Night" around here.

Reply to
Willshak

as in driving suicide attempts? we have the tweakers and drinkers. one will run you over at

150mph and the other will pop out of the ground to hit you. they also switch rolls.

Never been drunk but I can't verify that other part. ;) I did cross my usual habit of staying home and went down the road a bit to hang out at the sister-in-law's for some family time. I got caught up on everybody's year and got to see the daughter and her enormous belly. Lordy, it doesn't seem that long ago she was causing one of those. I'm gonna have to get another wallet with places for pictures of

*all* of my grandchildren.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

you will always be in the stupid stage peddy. get some help.

Barney Rubble

i actually went out to my nephew's friends' house. he's a brit so we can talk music. i did have to play some tunes for him, he didn't know the first punk record or band. it was fun.

He and I have something in common. ;) I'd guess ? Mark and the Mysterions.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

buzzcocks, spiral scartch ep put out with their own money. sold for 50p worth about 5000 pounds now.

So I'm off by 6500 miles and ? many years. Once upon a time I knew all this sh, er, stuff

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

i doubt you knew punk history, bill. it was a fashion movement in london on saville row. malcolm maclaren had a store, the kids went nuts and he thought there should be music with the style. people were sick of hippy hair bands so some great, angry music happened. it really only lasted 100 days but it did change the world.