How they did it...

...this is about a half hour long, but seriously cool and informative - for both P-47 fans and anyone else that just loves airplanes and technology.
It's an actual USAAF training video for the assembly of a P-47 in the field using nothing but hand tools, man-muscle, the crates it shipped in, and the trucks that brought it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2D3k0sJ8HM

Goes to show what you can do when you actually think and build it in.
--
- Rufus

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 11:45:41 -0700, Rufus wrote:

And we think our assembly process is complicated...
Jessica wrote:

...at least we don't need fifty guys to hold the wings on while the glue sets!
--
- Rufus

Den 26-03-2013 02:00, Rufus skrev:

Unless it's a Airfix kit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-gjJIbBEBI&list=PL78C59CAABC84B941

;-)
--
Uffe

Uffe Brentsen wrote:

...heh...I'd forgotten about that. But check out *this* guy for a Spitfire build -
<http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?PHPSESSIDD6f1f4e216d39cff8ad0a465020e82f&topicF04.0
--
- Rufus

Den 27-03-2013 06:22, Rufus skrev:

<http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?PHPSESSIDD6f1f4e216d39cff8ad0a465020e82f&topicF04.0
I have only 1 word:
WOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!
:-)
--
Uffe

Uffe Brentsen wrote:

Seriously impressive, isn't it?
I got to thinking 1/32 isn't big enough myself, so I'm currently collecting parts to builds a 1:1 scale F-16 Block 50/52 cockpit myself - that's how I got interested in this particular forum!
--
- Rufus

Den 27-03-2013 19:34, Rufus skrev:

Have you seen these sites: http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_viewtopic-t-12799.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw3Gn0LScUk

http://www.viper-pits.com/IMAGEgallery1.htm
--
Uffe

Uffe Brentsen wrote:

I've followed this guy for some time - he recently sold this cockpit on Viperpits, and the company that made the kit has gone on hiatus...which is a shame, because I was thinking of buying their ACES II...

Yes - got those all bookmarked, and have the panels set and about 60% of the required toggle switches in hand already! Plus a HOTAS Cougar and Warthog, and MFD bezels.
Getting ready to place the order for my center/instrument panel items, and have full sized sets of plans for my cockpit tub and ACES II. I'm considering building my ACES II out of aluminum - it may actually be easier.
--
- Rufus

Den 28-03-2013 01:52, Rufus skrev:

I hereby change your status to 'More nuts than I am' (and that says a lot.......)
Those projects sounds like a LOT of fun and sounds like they could give al whole lot of fun when they are finished :-)
Thumbs up for the good spirit and good work :)
--
Uffe