How they did it...

...this is about a half hour long, but seriously cool and informative - for both P-47 fans and anyone else that just loves airplanes and technology.

It's an actual USAAF training video for the assembly of a P-47 in the field using nothing but hand tools, man-muscle, the crates it shipped in, and the trucks that brought it.

Goes to show what you can do when you actually think and build it in.

Reply to
Rufus

And we think our assembly process is complicated...

Reply to
Jessica

...at least we don't need fifty guys to hold the wings on while the glue sets!

Reply to
Rufus

Unless it's a Airfix kit

;-)

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

...heh...I'd forgotten about that. But check out *this* guy for a Spitfire build -

Reply to
Rufus

I have only 1 word:

WOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!

:-)

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

Seriously impressive, isn't it?

I got to thinking 1/32 isn't big enough myself, so I'm currently collecting parts to builds a 1:1 scale F-16 Block 50/52 cockpit myself - that's how I got interested in this particular forum!

Reply to
Rufus

Have you seen these sites:

Uffe Bærentsen

I've followed this guy for some time - he recently sold this cockpit on Viperpits, and the company that made the kit has gone on hiatus...which is a shame, because I was thinking of buying their ACES II...

Yes - got those all bookmarked, and have the panels set and about 60% of the required toggle switches in hand already! Plus a HOTAS Cougar and Warthog, and MFD bezels.

Getting ready to place the order for my center/instrument panel items, and have full sized sets of plans for my cockpit tub and ACES II. I'm considering building my ACES II out of aluminum - it may actually be easier.

Reply to
Rufus

I hereby change your status to 'More nuts than I am' (and that says a lot.......)

Those projects sounds like a LOT of fun and sounds like they could give al whole lot of fun when they are finished :-)

Thumbs up for the good spirit and good work :)

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen