How TO GEt 1/35 Scale Aarmor TO Conform To Rubble

Dear Group,

I have a couple of diorama bases showing serious urban destruction. I am trying to get an idea of how to modify road wheels to go over what would be brick, stone, and mortar. That is I cacn get an idean of what would be compacted but not crushed by an armored vehicle. I suppose a lot o cutting on the suspension of a given armored vehicle is in order.

TIA

Big Al Baltimore

Reply to
Albert

Hmm, are you asking how to modify the wheels/treads/etc to fit over rubble? Or are you asking what the rubble would look like after being run over by wheel/tread/etc.?

As far as rubble examples, check out "Saving Private Ryan" or "Band of Brothers". The urban battle scenes are great inspiration for things like that.

drgrbek

Reply to
relkins

I have seen some good movie scenes and some good actual stills with all my refererences. Now I must determine how a Stug III a T 34/85 or a Sherman woould need modifications to some of the well known 1/35 kits to achieve this look of climbing over ruins of stone and brick.

TIA

Big Al

Reply to
Albert