How to Weather a Hurricane??

with its non metal surface, how did it weather? was there an undercoat?

not sure what colors to be using....

thx - Craig

Reply to
crw59

with its non metal surface, how did it weather? was there an undercoat?

not sure what colors to be using....

thx - Craig

Reply to
crw59

Most of the fabric was treated with a dark red/brown stuff (Dope - Primer or what ever) If you have wear on the fuselagebehind the cockpit section that would show, and also on the very early fabricwinged Mk I's. Probably also on ailerons, rudder and elevator. The nose and back to the rear of the cockpit it's metal like most other airplanes.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

Here's a color photo of the NASM Hurricane undergoing restoration.

Which should give a good sense of what's going on, color wise, beneath the camouflage paint.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

You have no idea how difficult it was for me to not answer the question by saying....

Well you would first board up all your windows, then lay in a stock of potable water.... etc., etc., etc.

But I didn't!!!

Andy

Reply to
Andy

I see your mind twists the same way as mine. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Mad-Modeller wrote

Hat-trick! Twas me thinkin' the verra same t'ing...

Rob

Reply to
AussieRob