Internet-isms

Actually....weren't there a *lot* of "Do Bees"? Like "Bozo The Clown", didn't each big city have their own "Romper Room"? Wasn't it like a franchise? I remember, as a little kid, we had "Romper Room" in Huntsville, AL....and running at the same time, as picked up on a Nashville, TN channel, was *another* "Romper Room", with a different "hostess".

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Wildcat

Quite possible...as now that I think about it, stuff like the "Do Bee and Don't Bee" things, were more than likely filmed/taped in a central location, then distributed out to all the local "Romper Rooms". (with each local show having its own hostess, and own kids...but all showing the same "shorts").

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Gordon, I'm from America and I agree with you. The kids do not need to lose their own culture and language. For example....some families say from Mexico...the kids grow up not even being able to speak their native tongue. And they know nothing of their Mexican heritage, that is a shame. Now that being said...I also feel that people should have to learn the language spoken here! If I were to go to some foreign country, it would be expected of me to learn how to converse with the population there!

Mike

Reply to
Mike G.

Among the things that irritate me that aren't mentioned. What's the deal with confusing question marks & exclamation points? Not to mention totally disregarding a question mark at the end of a sentence that is clearly a question. I get SPAM from an industry related ad firm that I haven't responded to. There first sentence is "We've been trying to reach you?" They expect me to respond to someone who doesn't know they've been trying to reach me? It'd also be nice when writers use titles to use quotation marks or underline so the reader's clear on exactly what the title is. As for the "box's" comment, I asked an eBay seller just the question, "The box's what?" Totally over their head. And how about "repo" instead of "repro"? I usually want to know if it's really legal since it's a "repo" part. :) What about not using past tense? "Box is open, still seal in bag". I expect them to say something like "ug" in their next sentence. More & more I read & hear, "Is there any questions?", "Here's three.", or similar. Why are people afraid to use the word "are"? :)

Reply to
frank

"frank" wrote

Out in the real world, did you ever notice the proliferation of quotation marks? I've seen "24-hour towing" and "Registered Plumber" painted on trucks, and often wondered if they really meant "We're available 24 hours a day (in a manner of speaking)" or "Yes, I have one of those so-called 'registrations'."

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

OMG, I remember that character in a vague CRS kinda way.

Reply to
rwsmithjr

The original Romper Room was out of Baltimore.

Reply to
rwsmithjr

I'm sure she's thrilled now that all of us old men know how old she is.

Hey, how about Sally Starr?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

One of my favourite lines in the show 'Solo' was Felicity Kendall's character shaking hands with the pre-pubescent boy who says to her, "You've got li'le ones"!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Beats me but at one point that slogan appeared on railroad boxcars (goods vans?) from the former D&H RR back in the late '70s. In that case they were expressing appreciation for New York state taxpayers picking up the tab for those cars/waggons.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Do Bee One... I need you. ;-)

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Oh god I'm drifting in.....

Felicity Kendall is sweetly pretty and as a feminist I'd like to protect her!

Sorry!

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks