It finally happened!

Have an almost 3 yr. old. (B-day in 4 weeks). Have managed to keep all of my
1/48 WW2 collection away from him. Until today...
Wife called me at the Job to tell me that he used his child's ingenuity to
stack items to reach and destroy two of my aircraft. Now experiencing mixed
emotions: Happy at his complex reasoning skills, sad that about 40 hours of
work just went down the crapper...:-(
Well, time to find another LTD 1/48 IAR-80. Mine was destroyed beyond any
chance of repair.
Sean
Reply to
Sean
This is what happens when man becomes domesticated.... RobG (the Aussie one)
Reply to
Rob Grinberg
Indeed! Once that occurs, one can no longer go the bathroom in peace, or drive a two-seater car, or wear that favorite shirt with all the holes in it...
Sean
Reply to
Sean
Look at it this way..... now you can start building battlefield "dioramas".... and a lockable plexiglass case... I still wonder how mine made to 9 in one piece. Paul
Reply to
res0xur8
I just happen to have one....
Sean wrote:
Reply to
Ron
now is the time for a lock on the model room! That,and to start teaching him what models are and how to not touch yours lol
Reply to
Eyeball2002308
Ah! Now we get to part of the problem. Cop with wife in school, so house isn't really big enough but will remain our home until her graduation and we can afford a bigger one. Model collection has increased in size steadily while said house hasn't... To make matters worse, my collection started when I was single, so I didn't see anything wrong with 1/48. Now I sometimes wish I'd went with 1/72 to save some space. I've intentionally held off on building all of my 4-engine aircraft until we get a new house!
Sean
Reply to
Sean
next time...tell her you have a headache,and go build a model!
Reply to
Eyeball2002308
I tried! But I was weak! She used her coercive feminine wiles and blindsided me! I was defenseless! :-)
Sean
Reply to
Sean
Don't take that all tragic. That's natural . My kid broke few of my models in this age too. Just keep in mind that four or five years from now, you'll find yourself teaching him how to cut parts, sand, add glue and so on....... Best regards, Mario
Reply to
MarioG
Bet no one can beat a Iguana destroying models, one that took years to do and was your pride and joy
Reply to
JULIAN HALES
Baked Iguana??
Bill Shuey :-)
Reply to
William H. Shuey
Julian claimed:
My mother broke more of my models than either kid, the scottie or the cat. But by golly the models got dusted! Of course that was a long time ago and my workmanship wasn't too great back then,
Rick
Reply to
OXMORON1
lol
Reply to
JULIAN HALES
This will be of no help, but a cat would have taken it out in less than a year and would have added insult to injury and by eating most of it too. For some reason plastic tastes good to them. I told customer support at Revell several years ago that I needed replacement parts for their 1/32 AH-64. I told them that I would like to say that they were missing, but that the truth was my cat ate them and wasn't even nice enough to get ill. Even though I offered to pay they were good folks and replaced them.
Mike
Reply to
MQM-107
Ah, enjoy it. In 15 years or so, he'll be wrecking your car instead ...
Cliff.
Reply to
Cliff Jones
Bill, isn't it the Night of the Iquana?